- EntertainmentCountry Living
We can't stop thinking about that silver dress.
- PoliticsThe Daily Beast
Sparks flew Monday on the Fox News set between Fox News anchor Chris Wallace and conservative contributor Katie Pavlich, with Wallace demanding his colleague get her “facts straight” after Pavlich insisted that certain witnesses had not been called in the impeachment trial.Moments before President Donald Trump’s defense team began its arguments in the Senate impeachment trial, Pavlich noted during Fox’s pretrial coverage that while Republican senators are now weighing whether to call former National Security Adviser John Bolton following his bombshell claims, the House should have presented a more thorough case.“The Senate is not the House, the House did not come with a complete case, and every impeachment beforehand, the witnesses that were called had been called in the House before being brought to the Senate,” she insisted. “So there are questions here about the process.”“That’s not true, that’s not true," Wallace interrupted. “They hadn’t all been called in the House, and in the Clinton impeachment, they’d been called by the general independent counsel. They had not been called by the House.”After Pavlich claimed that was due to an “extensive Justice Department investigation,” Wallace agreed but pointed out that she was “just wrong” to claim that all impeachment witnesses were previously called by the House.“Let me finish. Before the articles were sent to the House, the grand jury material in the Clinton impeachment were handed to the House as part of the articles and given to the Senate,” the right-wing pundit said. “They were not given after the House voted for those articles. That is the difference. The process does matter.”Kellyanne Conway Melts Down Under Grilling by Fox NewsAs anchor Bret Baier attempted to have Wallace give his “final thoughts,” the Fox News Sunday host—who has a history of tangling with the network’s opinion personalities—continued to highlight that what Pavlich said “just isn’t true.”“The fact of the matter is that the whistleblower information was given to the inspector general, who gave it to the Justice Department,” Wallace declared, clearly perturbed. “The Justice Department decided not to investigate, and that is why it went to the House.”“So to say that in the Clinton investigation these people were interviewed by the House, one, they weren’t,” he continued. “And to say it wasn’t done by the Justice Department, because the Justice Department refused to carry out the investigation. Get your facts straight!”“Okay, let’s tone it down,” Baier jumped in.Wallace tearing into a pro-Trump Fox News contributor came just moments after he said on-air that the news that Bolton claims Trump told him that Ukrainian military aid was frozen unless Ukraine investigated the Bidens was obviously big news since Trump supporters were “spinning like crazy” afterward.Fox News Host Hits Trump for Attacking Chris Wallace: You’re ‘Not Entitled to Praise’Read more at The Daily Beast.Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast hereGet our top stories in your inbox every day. Sign up now!Daily Beast Membership: Beast Inside goes deeper on the stories that matter to you. Learn more.
- EntertainmentYahoo Canada Style
"I saw this and I loved it."
- WorldYahoo News UK
Riot police deployed in Hong Kong as coronavirus death toll rises to 81 while 73 people in UK are tested
A homemade bomb exploded at a hospital in Hong Kong, where protesters also set fire to a housing block that had been earmarked as a quarantine facility.
(Bloomberg) -- The novel coronavirus spread further as China reported an increase in fatalities and infections, and the country extended the Lunar New Year holiday by three days until Sunday.China’s President Xi Jinping on Saturday ordered a faster response, sending teams into hard-hit areas to push local officials to strengthen prevention and containment. Chinese Premier Li Keqiang is visiting Wuhan Monday as the government comes under pressure to combat an epidemic that shows little sign of slowing down.About 2,744 cases in China, at least 80 deaths: Tracking the outbreakTrack business and travel disruptionsQuickTake: Learn more about the virusRead about the global race to contain this killer bugHere are the latest developments:Australia cases rise but won’t halt flights from China (12:32 p.m. HKT)Confirmed cases rose to five - four in New South Wales and one in Victoria. One of the cases in NSW is not related to travel from Wuhan but from contact with a confirmed case in another Chinese province, the state’s Chief Health Officer Kerry Chant told reporters.Mongolia closes border to halt virus spread (11:42 a.m. HKT)Mongolia has closed border crossings for auto vehicles and pedestrian traffic from Monday to halt the spread of novel coronavirus, Reuters reports, citing state-media Montsame. Schools have been shut till March 2 and the government has called for all public gatherings to be canceled.Hong Kong confirms eight virus patient (10:37 a.m. HKT)The number of those affected with novel coronavirus has increased to eight.Hong Kong stops work on proposed quarantine center (10:16 a.m. HKT)The Hong Kong government halted work to use a housing estate as a possible coronavirus quarantine facility, after violent protests at the site showed outbreak fears becoming a new source of unrest for the city.A few hundred protesters in surgical masks initially barricaded a road in the Fanling district to object to a proposal to use the unoccupied Fai Ming housing development as an emergency medical facility. Some said the site was too close to their homes, while others complained that approved applicants risked losing their flats in the estate should it be implemented.China reports increase in number affected (9:30 a.m. HKT)Confirmed cases rose to 2,744 on the mainland, the National Health Commission said Monday.China reports rise in Hubei deaths (8:19 a.m. HKT)Another 24 people have died in Hubei province, according to China’s CCTV. The latest information brings the total death toll in mainland China to 80.The report said 371 new cases have been confirmed in the province as of Jan. 26. Wuhan, which is at the center of the virus outbreak, is located in Hubei.China CDC advises extending holiday (5:01 p.m. HKT)Gao Fu, head of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, told reporters that the agency is advising that the Lunar New Year holiday ending Jan. 30 be extended due to the virus. The decision will depend on how the situation develops, he said.Beijing will lengthen the winter break for schools from kindergarten to college, People’s Daily reported, citing the city’s education bureau.China says pathogen’s transmission is increasing (4:25 p.m. HKT)Chinese authorities on Sunday told reporters the virus isn’t yet under control despite aggressive steps by authorities to limit movement for millions of people who live in cities near the center of the outbreak. Officials said information on the new virus is limited even though the pathogen was identified relatively quickly, and its transmission is increasing.The government said it will hold daily press briefings on the situation.China bans wildlife trade (2:36 p.m. HKT)China banned the shipping and sale of wild animals starting Sunday and said it will quarantine breeding sites. Trade will be forbidden in markets, supermarkets, restaurants and online, the market supervision administration, agricultural ministry and forestry bureau said in a statement.It also warned people against consuming wild animals. The new coronavirus was first found in people who shopped or worked at a so-called wet market in the central city of Wuhan, where live animals were sold.China has tightened controls on the sale of exotic animals, considered nourishing in some parts of the country, though some are still sold surreptitiously.(An earlier version was corrected to fix a wrong timestamp)To contact Bloomberg News staff for this story: Jeff Sutherland in Tokyo at email@example.comTo contact the editors responsible for this story: Rachel Chang at firstname.lastname@example.org, Bhuma ShrivastavaFor more articles like this, please visit us at bloomberg.comSubscribe now to stay ahead with the most trusted business news source.©2020 Bloomberg L.P.
A recent respite for Australian firefighters that brought rains and cooler weather is set to end, meteorologists warned on Monday, with hot conditions forecast for later this week raising a risk that blazes may start spreading again. More than a week of solid rain in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland, the three states most affected by the fires, has more than halved the number of blazes, but above average temperatures were set to return by the weekend. "Unfortunately, the reprieve may be short-lived with a blast of heat likely late this week in some areas," the New South Wales Bureau of Meteorology said on Twitter.
LeBron James Passes Kobe Bryant on NBA's All-Time Scoring List