Most people find it pretty hard to watch an entire episode of NBC’s This Is Us without tearing up. Between the relatable characters and compelling storyline, it’s one of the best dramas on television.
As Season 2 of This Is Us begins on Sept. 26, fans of the series are looking forward to seeing how Mandy Moore‘s character, Rebecca, evolves as a mother. Will she hold onto her passion for singing? We can only hope so, because the retro-glam curls she wore during the Season 1 finale were one of the show’s best hair moments.
Check out the video above to see how Stunning Braids author and hairstylist Monaè Everett copied Moore’s glamorous ‘do in a matter of minutes using an often-forgotten feature on blow dryers. Then keep reading below for the complete steps to this hair tutorial.
1. Create a deep side part with a rat-tail comb. Then clip left side away to separate.
2. Working in 2-inch sections, curl hair with a 1¼-inch barrel curling iron (Everett’s go-to curler is by Hot Tools). Pin curl and repeat across entire head until done.
3. Lightly mist hair with flexible hairspray to set curls, and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Pro tip: Use the “cool-blast” button on blow dryer to help speed up dry time.
4. Remove hair clips and gently comb through curls to loosen. Use alligator clips to mold hair around face into a deep wave pattern.
5. Smooth hair behind ear on left side with a boar-bristle brush. Secure with bobby pins.
6. Spritz curls with an extra hold hairspray like Sebastian Shaper Plus Extra Hold Hairspray to set style. Remove hair clips and — voila!
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- The trick to faking full hair like Julianne Moore’s ‘Kingsman’ waves
- Get Kaia Gerber’s sporty pony in 7 simple steps
- Ashley Graham levels of sexiness are completely achievable with this smoky eye