Anthony Bourdain Reveals Worst Thing Asia Argento Ever Told Him
The Weinstein Co. on Wednesday let go of the remainder of its employees, as it prepares to close a $289 million sale out of bankruptcy to Lantern Capital. TWC has been in turmoil, and was forced to file for bankruptcy in March after accusations against the former Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein’s amounted to 30 years of alleged sexual harassment and assault, which began to come to light last fall. The layoffs come hours after a Delaware bankruptcy court approved TWC’s decreased sale price and new purchase agreement with Lantern Capital, despite objections from high-profile filmmakers like Quentin Tarantino, who are concerned about unpaid film royalties.
Celebs Defend Asia Argento from Bullies Who Blame Her for Anthony Bourdain
The actress spoke out about an uncomfortable audition, in which an unnamed director made a sexually charged comment that left her speechless. Mira Sorvino, one of Harvey Weinstein's many accusers and a leading voice in Hollywood's #MeToo movement against sexual harassment, claimed in a new interview that she fell victim to the inappropriate behavior of another notable figure in entertainment. During a recent interview with the Hollywood Foreign Press Association for its HFPA in Conversation podcast, the actress recounted an uncomfortable audition, in which a director made a sexually charged comment that left her speechless. According to Sorvino, the Oscar-winning director — whom she didn't name,
Harvey Weinstein on Monday pleaded not guilty to sex crimes against a third woman, as prosecutors plough on with a case that the #MeToo movement hopes will end with the disgraced Hollywood mogul sent to prison. Pale and pasty faced, the 66-year-old former Tinseltown titan was escorted by elbow into a New York courtroom in handcuffs, dressed in a dark suit, tie and white shirt. "Not guilty," Weinstein replied when asked how he pleaded to the new charges: a criminal sexual act for allegedly forcing a woman into oral sex on July 10, 2006 and two counts of predatory sexual assault.
NEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on the arraignment for Harvey Weinstein on charges that he committed a sex crime against a third woman (all times local):
Moving beyond rote denials, Harvey Weinstein is playing a leading role in shaping what his lawyer said Monday will be an aggressive defense to sexual assault charges that could put him in prison for the rest of his life. Lawyer Ben Brafman said the movie mogul-turned-#MeToo villain is essentially working as his paralegal and that they're stacking up "overwhelming evidence" from email traffic and witness accounts to refute allegations that, so far, have led to criminal charges involving three of the dozens of women who've accused Weinstein of wrongdoing. "I can tell you that we are no longer simply relying on Mr. Weinstein's denials," Brafman said outside a New York City courthouse after Weinstein pleaded not guilty to new charges alleging he performed a forcible sex act on a woman in 2006. "We have corroborative evidence in the form of witnesses, we have corroborative evidence, overwhelming evidence, in the form of email traffic.