Meet the Intense Diet Book That Is Topping Amazon
Well, it finally happened: Thug Kitchen has been dethroned. After spending several consecutive months at the top of the charts, the no-holds-barred vegan cookbook finally slipped into the No. 2 position in April after The Whole30: The 30 Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom zoomed into the lead. (Who knows if it’ll last though—Thug Kitchen briefly slipped into second place back in November, then quickly rocketed back to the top.)
“This weight loss/healthy living cookbook pulls no punches,” said Amazon books editor Seira Wilson of The Whole30. It features recipes that adhere to eponymous diet, a fairly restrictive 30-day regimen of high protein and no grain. “[The book] acknowledges that at various stages of the 30-day program followers will feel both invigorated and resentful,” Wilson said, adding that it will likely appeal to those who prefer a “tough love” approach to dieting.
The rest of Amazon’s top 10 list is littered with books geared toward the healthy eating set—10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse, The Plantpower Way, and The Shred Diet, to name a few — which makes the fourth-best selling book stand out like a sore thumb: Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto.
“I have to say I’m enjoying a list that has a smoothie cleanse and hardcore barbecue side-by-side,” Wilson said.
Check out the rest of April’s best-selling cookbooks on Amazon below:
1. The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom by Melissa Hartwig and Dallas Hartwig
2. Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck by Thug Kitchen
3. 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days! by JJ Smith
4. Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto by Aaron Franklin
5. Inspiralized: Turn Vegetables into Healthy, Creative, Satisfying Meals by
6. The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor by Gina Homolka
7. Eat. Nourish. Glow.: 10 Easy Steps for Losing Weight, Looking Younger & Feeling Healthier by Amelia Freer
8. The Plantpower Way: Whole Food Plant-Based Recipes and Guidance for The Whole Family by Rich Roll
9. Food52 Genius Recipes: 100 Recipes That Will Change the Way You Cook by Kristen Miglore
10. The Shred Diet Cookbook by Ian K. Smith
Click here for Amazon’s hour-by-hour best seller list.
Best-selling titles in previous months:
March: Thug Kitchen just won’t quit
February: Inspiralized breaks into the top ten
January: Thug Kitchen does it again
What’s your favorite cookbook? Tell us below!