In her new music video for “Look What You Made Me Do,” the artist formerly known as T-Swift allegedly takes lyrical shots at Kimye while sporting some pretty badass beauty looks. From messy waves and matte maroon lipstick to Old Hollywood curls and dramatic false eyelashes, Taylor really gets into character. But the pop star’s bold red lip color from a scene where she sits atop a gold throne surrounded by snakes inks her status as a vixen.
Red lips are timeless, but applying the color can be a bit tricky. Makeup artist Tedrick LaMar of the Butterfly Studio Salon has a two-step application technique that will help you get it right every single time.
Watch the video to learn exactly how to copy this venomous-lipped look. Then scroll down below for product recommendations and more pro tips.
1. For the eyeshadow, LaMar used Urban Decay’s Naked Ultimate Basics palette. Apply Blow (demi-matte light nude) onto lids as a base.
2. Blend Tempted (matte pale brown) into crease of eye to deepen shade.
3. Intensify richness by sweeping Magnet (smoky gray matte) along the lower lash line.
4. Create a subtle winged eyeliner with Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. Pro tip: Suffer from shaky hands? Draw dashes across top lids and connect into one seamless line.
5. Apply two generous coats of Urban Decay Perversion Mascara.
6. For an eye-opening effect, add individual false eyelashes to the outer corners.
8. Use a large flat brush to dust bronzer onto top cheekbones.
Hair details: To achieve a sleek blowout, hairstylist and makeup artist Brenna D prepped with Umberto Beverly Hills Roman Oil Serum and HSI Professional Argan Oil Spray. She perfected the “wet” look by lightly spritzing the top of the head with water before applying Caviar Style Luxe Shape Versatile Crème Gel by Alterna. For added slickness, Brenna D used Mizani Lived-In Sculpting Paste. She finished by rubbing the oils onto the ends of the hair to keep them hydrated.
Watch more #CopyThat beauty tutorials from Yahoo Beauty:
- Aluminum foil is the secret to getting this ‘Dirty Dancing’ beauty look
- Zendaya remixes the classic smoky eye with a surprising color
- Rihanna completely transforms the pretty princess makeup look