It has been 25 years since the death of Audrey Hepburn, but her legacy as an actress, humanitarian, and style icon lives on. This weekend, we plan on paying homage to the late British star by curling up on the couch and watching one of her most memorable films, Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
To help us channel Hepburn’s classic hairstyle from the movie, we tapped stylist Tatiana Ramos for Mizani. Not a pro at creating a French twist? No problem. You can fake it till you make it (and without using hair extensions) by simply copying Ramos’s pin-curl styling trick. Watch and learn!
1. Spritz hair at roots with Mizani HD Shyne Spray.
2. Back-comb to enhance volume at the crown.
3. Gather length of hair into a high ponytail with a bungee elastic. Be sure to leave out face-framing pieces.
4. Separate ponytail into two sections. Roll front section forward, then tuck and pin into place.
5. Loosely curl back section using a ¾ inch curling iron.
6. Place pin-curls around the front section all around bun.
7. Spritz face-framing pieces and tease before combing and pining to the side.
Makeup details: Patrick Eichler, the executive director of education and artistry for Make Up for Ever, used Pro Sculpting Brow Palette Harmony 1 to sculpt the model’s eyebrows to perfection. He then drew a thick-winged eyeliner look with Aqua XL Ink Eye Liner in M-10 Matte Black. Lash Show N-405 False Lashes added a natural lift and a hint of drama to the eyes. To complete the look and add warmth to the complexion, Eichler brushed on Artist Face Color (Blush) B206 and Artist Rouge Lipstick C106.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle: