Hot on its heels? Inspiralized, an attempt by author Ali Maffucci to capitalize on the burgeoning popularity of a kitchen gadget called a ‘spiralizer,’ which transforms vegetables into noodle- and rice-shaped dishes. (For instance, Maffucci and her spiralizer refashion zucchini as pesto spaghetti, and jicama gets a “shoestring fries” makeover.)
Eating spiralized vegetables “is a better experience than saying, ‘I have to eat a salad,’” Maffucci told Bon Appétit on Monday. Granted, the technique has its limitations: “Look, nothing will ever be as delicious as a buttery bowl of pasta. But this is pretty great.”
Inspiralized was the month’s fourth-most popular cookbook on Amazon.com, which the company’s books editor Seira Wilson finds impressive. “[It was released] on February 24th and already came in at number 4,” she told us via email. But, ”Thug Kitchen is still the one to beat.” Consider that your challenge for March, cookbook authors.
Check out the rest of February’s best-selling cookbooks on Amazon below:
1. Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a F*ck, by Thug Kitchen
2. 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!, by JJ Smith
3. Trim Healthy Mama, by Pearl P. Barrett
4. Inspiralized: Turn Vegetables into Healthy, Creative, Satisfying Meals, by Ali Maffucci
5. The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories, Big on Flavor, by Gina Homolka
6. Superfood Smoothies: 100 Delicious, Energizing & Nutrient-dense Recipes, by Julie Morris
7. Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well & Feel Great, by Danielle Walker
8. Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, and Paleo Recipes to Make Anytime, by Danielle Walker
9. Great Food Fast (Best of the Best Presents) Bob Warden’s Ultimate Pressure Cooker Recipes, by Bob Warden
10. Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health and a Whole-Foods Lifestyle, by Diane Sanfilippo
Click here for Amazon’s hour-by-hour best seller list.
Best-selling titles in previous months:
What’s your favorite cookbook? Tell us below!