This Vogue video of model and body-image activist Ashley Graham confirms she really doesn’t need much makeup to get red-carpet-ready. But for her major moment as a 2016 Glamour Women of the Year Awards honoree, Graham pulled out all the stops with a beauty tribute to a late, great film icon.
With Graham sporting a dewy, flushed complexion, clumpy eyelashes, and bright pink lipstick, celebrity makeup artist Vincent Oquendo tells Yahoo Beauty that she was “channeling a modern Audrey Hepburn from Funny Face.” He layered a combination of EX1 blushers and a rosy shade by Lipstick Queen onto her cheeks and lips to re-create Hepburn’s “youthful glow” in the 1957 romantic-comedy film. “The combination of the warm tones makes the look a standout winner,” he says.
To get the model’s retro-inspired beauty, Oquendo recommends “a lot of blending and fluffy brushes.” He says, “This look is perfect if it’s layered properly.” Here’s exactly how the makeup pro achieved this:
- First, Oquendo prepped Graham’s fresh face with Decleor Aromessence Neroli.
- To give Graham’s skin a flawless look, he used EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation in shade 4.0 and the Delete Concealer in D100 to perfect her complexion.
- Then he brushed on EX1 blushers in Pretty in Peach and Natural Flush.
- Oquendo applied EX1 blusher in Jet Set Glow on her eyelids. To make her eyes really pop, he curled her lashes and added a generous coat of mascara and a set of corner falsies.
- To finish, he filled in her lips with Lipstick Queen Cupid’s Bow in Nymph.