Singer-rapper Jeremih is "still in ICU in critical condition," his agent told Variety after news broke on Saturday that he had been hospitalized for COVID-19. "J was just pulled off the ventilator," his agent said in a statement to Variety. "He's still in ICU in critical condition. Please keep him in your prayers." Jeremih, born […]
After throwing his support behind Donald Trump in the 2020 election because of Joe Biden’s proposed tax plan, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson has done an about-face and turned on the president, saying in a new tweet that he “never liked him.” His change of heart? His ex-girlfriend, comedian Chelsea Handler.“Fu*k Donald Trump, I never liked him,” the rapper turned actor-producer tweeted in response to Handler’s appearance on “The Tonight Show.” “For all I know he had me set up and had my friend Angel Fernandez killed but that’s history. LOL.”The strange saga of the rapper and “Power” producer’s foray into the election came earlier this week when he criticized Joe Biden on Instagram over his plans to raise taxes on wealthy California, New Jersey and New York residents by as much as 62%. The 62% increase would be levied on those who earn more than $400,000/year, while those in lower-income brackets would receive tax cuts.Also Read: Charlamagne Tha God: 50 Cent's Trump Vote Benefits His Pocketbook, Not Black People“I don’t care if Trump doesn’t like black people,” Jackson said on social media along with an image of a CNBC report outlining the tax increases. “62% are you out of ya f–king mind.” He went on to write in a subsequent tweet, “Yeah, i don’t want to be 20cent. 62% is a very, very,bad idea,” a quote which was picked up and uses as a New York Post cover story.Jackson’s comments prompted his ex-girlfriend, comedian Chelsea Handler, to call him out on Twitter, joking, “You used to be my favorite ex-boyfriend.” He responded with a face-to-the-forehead emoji and a note saying, “oh my God this is effecting [sic] my love life now. @chelseahandler. I love ya Gator, don’t let Trump and Joe Biden come between us girl.“Handler quickly answered back, writing, “Hey f—er! I will pay your taxes in exchange for you coming to your senses. Happily! Black lives matter. That’s you, f—er! Remember?” ” She later doubled down during an interview with Jimmy Fallon.Also Read: 33 Hollywood Stars for Donald Trump in 2020 (Photos)“He shouldn’t be influencing an entire swath of people who may listen to him because he’s worried about his own personal pocketbook,” she told Fallon. “So I haven’t heard back from him yet, but I am willing to, you know, seal the deal in more ways than one if he changes his mind and publicly denounces Donald Trump. I might be willing to go for another spin… if you know what I’m talking about,” she added with a grin.Read original story 50 Cent Does a 180, Says He ‘Never Liked’ Trump After Chelsea Handler Chews Him Out At TheWrap
Unsurprisingly, the Trump campaign is using recent Ice Cube headlines to their attempted advantage. On Tuesday, Eric Trump went the Photoshop route.
The rapper, actor, and producer decided to double down on comments about Black women that got him in some hot water.
News of the death of veteran music executive Andre Harrell hit the industry hard with many artists, former colleagues, fans and friends expressing their grief on social media Friday night, May 8, into Saturday. Harrell founded Uptown Records and hired Sean "P. Diddy" Combs as an intern, later promoting him to vice president of A&R. […]
The rapper opens up about going on the offensive after Oprah made it clear she wasn't a fan of his lyrics and wouldn't have him on her show.
Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson advised Eminem to not go back at Nick Cannon’s recent diss records, which are generally considered to be underwhelming efforts by the “Masked Singer” host to bury a man considered to be the greatest battle rapper of all time.“I told him don’t even say nothing to him,” Jackson told TheWrap Wednesday at ABC’s Television Critics Association press tour day. “The record is terrible.”Cannon and some friends have actually dropped two diss tracks attacking Eminem: first “The Invitation” and then “Pray for Him.” Neither song has been particularly well-received by the internet.Also Read: Nick Cannon Drops Another Eminem Diss Song, 'Pray For Him,' and the Internet Isn't Budging (Video)For his part, all Eminem has contributed to this war of words (you know, besides those old songs about Cannon’s ex-wife Mariah Carey, that verse on Fat Joe’s “Lord Above,” etc.) is a few tweets.Jackson, who stars on and executive produces upcoming ABC drama “For Life,” helped to keep it that way.“You can’t argue with a fool,” Jackson explained the reasoning behind his advice to Marshall Mathers, who helped launch 50 Cent’s rap career into the stratosphere with 2003 album “Get Rich or Die Tryin'” (Shady-Aftermath-Interscope Records). “When you understand that a person is not registering even when they’re losing, then the argument goes forever. So you should just stop.”Also Read: WWE Stars Jimmy and Jey Uso, Naomi, and All of The New Day to Guest on 'Wild 'N Out' Season 14 (Exclusive)Wise words from a man who previously dedicated so much time to lyrically and physically sparring with Ja Rule — you know, the gravelly-voiced rapper who was at least partially responsible for that whole Fyre Festival disaster. It was never a fair fight, but we suppose that one had to theoretically be a closer contest than Cannon vs. Marshall Mathers.“For Life,” created by Hank Steinberg, is based on the real-life story of Isaac Wright, Jr., a prisoner who becomes a lawyer and fights to overturn his life sentence for a crime he didn’t commit. “For Life” also stars Timothy Busfield and Indira Varma.The series debuts Tuesday, Feb. 11 on ABC at 10/9c. Read original story 50 Cent Says He Advised Eminem to Not Respond to Nick Cannon: ‘You Can’t Argue With a Fool’ At TheWrap
“I didn’t do it because I didn’t know if I could fix the damage,” 50 Cent said.
50 Cent didn't take the allegations lightly, unleashing a series of Instagram posts against NYPD Commanding Officer Emanuel Gonzalez.
The NYPD tells ET the longtime production assistant was struck by a vehicle in Brooklyn, New York, on Monday while setting up cones.
Starz has temporarily shut down production on the sixth season of “Power,” after a crew member was killed in an accident on the set of the Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson-executive produced drama, early Monday. Production assistant Pedro Jimenez, 63, was hit by an SUV around 4:20 a.m. Monday morning, while setting up parking cones for a shoot in Brooklyn, a spokesperson for the New York Police Department told TheWrap. The NYPD’s Highway Collision Investigation Squad is investigating the incident.
Celebrities, from Missy Elliott to Questlove, are reeling after Kim Porter's death on Thursday.
Few hip hop feuds are as long-running, or exasperating, as the ongoing rivalry between 50 Cent and Ja Rule. Ja Rule couldn’t help but lash out, and since then things have been more tense than ever, with their back-and-forths on social media serving as a by-product of a dispute that began in the streets. Most recently, 50 Cent decided to try and troll Ja Rule by purchasing 200 tickets to his forthcoming show in Las Vegas, for a total of around $3,000 – and leave the seats empty.
50 Cent’s on-again, off-again relationship with Instagram is off again. 50 Cent broke the news via — what else? The farewell post was accompanied by an image of a message, presumably from Instagram, stating that content the rapper had posted was removed.