- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Ja Rule isn’t giving up on the idea of another Fyre Fest.
Even though the infamous event was such a disaster that it’s become a punchline — seriously, Seth Rogen and Andy Samberg’s The Lonely Island are planning a spoof — the rapper and co-founder of the event wants to plan a second one.
“Here's the thing: I want to do it the right way with the right partners,” he told Andy Cohen on Sunday’s edition of Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen. “Here’s what I happen to know. I have the biggest festival in the world even though it never happened.”
Cohen pointed out, “I mean, it's like calling a ship the Titanic.”
Rule insisted that the April 2017 fiasco, in which thousands of concertgoers who had paid to attend a luxury music festival were stranded in tents on an island in the Bahamas, wasn’t his fault. He said he hadn’t watched either of the two documentaries made about Fyre Festival or spoken to Billy McFarland, his partner in the venture, who was sentenced to six years in prison on fraud charges.
Cohen asked Rule about his reaction to hearing that Fyre Fest event planner Andy King had been instructed by McFarland to offer oral sex to a bottled water vendor, to which Rule replied, “You know, this is the craziest s***.”
Back in June, the star defended the festival during an interview on The Breakfast Club radio show saying, “Here’s the real s***. The Fyre Festival was an amazing idea. Let’s not act like every f***ing body wasn’t coming to the Fyre Festival.”
He acknowledged that it was “f***ing done wrong,” but “the idea of it was dope, the marketing was dope, everything was done very right on that end.”
Video: Ja Rule’s Kids Don’t Want Him Involved in Another Music Festival
Read more from Yahoo Entertainment:
Want daily pop culture news delivered to your inbox? Sign up here for Yahoo Entertainment & Lifestyle’s newsletter.