Discontinued cars see deep discounts
MORE AT CARS.COM
While there’s probably not much love lost for these mediocre models, they will likely be deeply discounted and appealing to frugal shoppers.
The dying midsize Galant, available only with a single four-cylinder powertrain and plenty of standard features, is one of the most deeply discounted models on the list. It can be had for the low price of about $19,100 (including destination) after discounts. Mitsubishi consistently has offered $3,500 cash back on Galants during the past few months.
The Veracruz, a full-size crossover, is being cut to make room for an expanded 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe lineup. The Hyundai Elantra Touring — one of the rare remaining affordable station wagons on the market — is being replaced by a more contemporary hatchback model, the Elantra GT. Both models get generous cash-back offerings, coupled to low APR financing or decent long-term leasing offers.
Models like the Mazda CX-7, Lexus HS 250h and the Mercedes-Benz R-Class were also discontinued recently, and a few are still left at dealerships. We couldn’t find any advertised discounts for those models, but there are surely discounts to be had on those nameplates, too.
Some models, like the Chevrolet Impala and Jeep Liberty, are going to see wholesale changes in the coming model years, so we’ve included them in our discount list below.
- 2012 Mitsubishi Galant: $3,500 cash back or 0% APR financing for 60 months
- 2012 Kia Sedona: $3,500 cash back or $2,500 cash back and 1.9% financing for 60 months
- 2012 Chevrolet Impala (LS trim): $3,500 cash back or 0% APR financing for 72 months
- 2012 Jeep Liberty: $3,000 cash back or 0% APR financing for 60 months; $329 a month for 39 months, $0 due at signing
- 2012 Hyundai Veracruz: $2,500 cash back or $1,000 cash back and 1.9% financing for 60 months; $299 a month lease for 36 months and $3,199 due at signing
- 2012 Chevrolet Avalanche: $2,000 cash back or 3.9% APR financing for 72 months
- 2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse: $1,000 cash back or 0% APR financing for 48 months
- 2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring: $500 cash back and 1.9% financing for 60 months; $199 a month lease for 36 months, $2,199 due at signing
- 2012 Infiniti G25 (rear- or all-wheel drive with moonroof): $289 a month lease for 24 months and $2,499 due at signing