Hotel tipping guide, from bellman to valet
(Photo: Bernd Vogel/Corbis)
MORE FROM TRAVEL + LEISURE
• Bellman: $1 to $2 per bag.
• Concierge: $10 to $20 for performing a special service, such as scoring tickets to a sold-out event or wrangling lost luggage from your airline.
• Doorman: $2 for hailing a cab in rush hour or in the rain; $1 for each bag.
• Housekeeping: $5 to $10 per day. Leave it at the front desk if you want it divided equally among all your housekeepers.
• Room Service: A service charge is almost always included in the bill. To personally thank your server, 5 percent will suffice.
• Valet: $5 when your car is delivered.
Note: Gratuities are often lower or not expected outside North America. Follow local tipping customs when traveling overseas.
See also: Hotel where rooms are hidden.