Six Spring Fragrances to Fall in Love With
By Vanity Fair. Photos: Getty Images, Courtesy of Brands.
Florals for spring? Groundbreaking. But seriously, these six spring fragrances sort of are. Classic May-time fresh and fruity notes are complemented by subtle touches of sandalwood, pepper, and vanilla. So switch out your warm and woodsy winter fragrance and step into springtime with a spritz of something a little sweeter.
- Tom Ford Sole Di Positano: Tom Ford has a green thumb with this intoxicating fragrance. A beautiful blend of citrus, jasmine, and green moss will transport you to the sunlit and dreamy cliffs of Positano, Italy. The brand's classic glass bottle received an oceanic twist with a translucent aqua tint befitting of the blend. ($225)
- Guerlain Mon Guerlain: This strong, feminine fragrance was inspired by the none other than Angelina Jolie. The scent is both comforting and striking, with notes of lavender, jasmine, and sandalwood that are all tied together by rich vanilla. The bottle is powerfully elegant with a collar-like gold band around its clear, glass neck. ($66)
- Jo Malone London The Bloomsbury Set: This set contains five fragrances that are uniquely different from one another and yet, at the same time, seem made for each other. The collection is inspired by the original Bloomsbury Set, a group of artists that once lived together in the Charleston House in East Sussex. In true Jo Malone London fashion, they are meant to be layered like paint to a canvas (if one desires). From Garden Lilies to Leather & Artemisia, each scent sets a scene in the English countryside where they were originally thought up. The bottles, too, are different in their brush strokes of juxtaposing color combinations. ($70 each)
- Atelier Cologne Clémentine California: Drawing from the sunny, sprawling lands of California, this fruity fragrance is ever so slightly muted by green notes of basil and anise. You can purchase the fragrance in an assortment of sizes or take home the package deal, our personal favorite, a 200 ml bottle and a 30 ml travel spray with the added bonus of an engraved, ocean-blue case. ($195)
- Nest Fragrances Black Tulip: This sensual scent screams spring—and we're not just referring to the exotic, floral bottle. The black amber plum draws you in, but with a second sniff you can detect the more subtle notes of pink pepper, patchouli, and Japanese violet. And what's even better is that Black Tulip also comes in a pocket-sized rollerball bottle so you never have to be without! ($72)
- Vilhelm Parfumerie Don't Tell Jasmine: Bottled up in Vilhelm's signature yellow and distorted glass vessel, Don't Tell Jasmine is a musky blend of, you guessed it, jasmine. Set off your senses with this unusual but alluringly coy scent that reminds us of a warm and soft spring-time breeze. ($245)
This story originally appeared on Vanity Fair.
More from Vanity Fair: