Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
Winter is coming! That means chilly mornings and even colder days. Some days, you'll just want to cozy up by the fire, but this yummy breakfast bowl is the fuel you need to get through this season. Made with eggs, peppers and mushrooms, it'll keep you going all day long.
- 1/4 cup of dry steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of onion
- 1/4 cup of diced pepper
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of green onions
- 1 teaspoon of walnuts
- Za'atar seasoning
- 10" Stone Earth Non-Stick Frying Pan by Ozeri, $27.59
- Lodge 742341 Miniature Skillet, 3.5", $4.99 (Orig. $13.52)
Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
- Boil water and add in oatmeal. Reduce heat and stir. Cook for 3 minutes to absorb liquid. Once done, turn off heat.
- Grate cheddar cheese over oatmeal and add a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Dice onion and pepper.
- Add coconut oil to heated pan.
- Toss peppers and onions into pan and cook until soft, then spoon over oats.
- Fry egg in coconut oil and place it on top of the oats.
- Garnish with green onion, walnuts and a dash of Za'atar.