Welcome to Best Bites, a twice-weekly video series that aims to satisfy your never-ending craving for food content through quick, beautiful videos for the at-home foodie. Check back on Tuesdays and Thursdays for new episodes!
This Thanksgiving, skip traditional mashed potatoes and try something new. These hasselback-style potatoes smothered in garlic butter are unbeatable.
- 6 russet potatoes
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- Italian shredded cheeses
- fresh parsley
- Hiware 10-Pairs Fiberglass Chopsticks, $8.99
- Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening Stainless Steel 15-piece Knife Block Set, $159.99 (30 percent off!)
- Silicone basting brush, $9.49 (Originally $12.99)
- Preheat oven to 425° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or prepare with oil.
- Place a potato between two chopsticks and make thin slices all the way down, making sure not to slice all the way through and keeping the bottom in tact (hence, using the chopsticks).
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and mix in minced garlic until fragrant. Remove from heat and brush garlic butter over potatoes.
- Cook potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Italian shredded cheeses (mozzarella, Parmesan, etc.). Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with more cheese and fresh parsley.