MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 29, 2012) - Today Symantec (
Norton Zone combines convenient, easy access with world-class security and safety. Key features in the current beta include:
- Always have the latest files on-hand. As soon as a file or folder is added or changed in Norton Zone, all users granted access will automatically see that change on all of their devices, so everyone always has the most up-to-date version at hand. The free beta version of Norton Zone also keeps track of all versions of the same file for a span of 90 days.
- Easily and securely share files and folders. Individuals can share photos, videos and other information uploaded to Norton Zone by simply emailing a link, without ever worrying about size limitations. They can also provide other Norton Zone users with shared access to files and entire folders, perfect for collaborating on a project or staying in touch with friends and family. What's more, all files are scanned for viruses and malware before being shared.
- Post photos and videos to Facebook. People can easily post Norton Zone links to photos and videos on Facebook, and can quickly disable the link anytime. Users can also control how long or how many times a file can be accessed via link sharing.
- Information stored in Norton Zone is automatically backed up and replicated in a secured cloud, providing additional protection for important files, even from natural disasters.
- High-level, industrial-grade encryption protects all files during transfer and while stored in secure data centers.
Norton protects the Stuff that matters to consumers, across all aspects of their digital lives. Norton provides a range of security solutions including technologies for PCs and mobile devices, live tech support services and online backup. Like Norton on Facebook.
Symantec protects the world's information, and is a global leader in security, backup and availability solutions. Our innovative products and services protect people and information in any environment -- from the smallest mobile device, to the enterprise data center, to cloud-based systems. Our world-renowned expertise in protecting data, identities and interactions gives our customers confidence in a connected world. More information is available at www.symantec.com or by connecting with Symantec at: go.symantec.com/socialmedia.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at http://www.symantec.com/news.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.