What's the worst joke you've ever found in a Christmas cracker?
We know. How can you possibly decide when there are so many truly terrible ones to choose from?
Crackers are one of those festive traditions we can't seem to do without, despite the bad jokes and cheap gifts we inevitably find inside. After all, Christmas dinner just wouldn't be the same without the half-hearted bangs and paper hats.
In fact, a recent survey of 2000 Brits has found that two thirds of us consider crackers to be a 'normal' part of Christmas day, although half of those questioned do believe there's room for improvement when it comes to the groan-worthy gags.
The study, carried out for Currys PC World by OnePoll, also found one in five of us only laugh out of politeness as we're subjected to yet another painful punchline.
But surely that's become the point. The eye rolling, heavy sighing and good-natured groans are all part of the festive fun. So what topped the poll for the absolute worst of the worst?
Take a look at the top 50 least funny (and that's saying something) and see if you agree.
The top 50 worst Christmas cracker jokes ever
1. Who hides in a bakery at Christmas? A mince spy
2. What do you get if you cross Santa with a duck? A Christmas quacker
3. What's a horse's favourite TV show? Neigh-bours
4. What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back? A stick
5. Why do birds fly south in the winter? It's too far to walk
6. What do you get if you eat Christmas decorations? Tinsillitis
7. What did Cinderella say when her photos didn't arrive? "One day my prints will come!"
8. Did Rudolph go to school? No, he was elf-taught
9. What lies at the bottom of the sea shivering? A nervous wreck
10. Who is Santa's favourite singer? Elfis Presley
11. What did Adam say the day before Christmas? It's Christmas, Eve.
12. How many letters are in the alphabet at Christmas? 25 - there's no-el
13. Why are Christmas trees so bad at knitting? Because they always drop their needles
14. What did the farmer get for Christmas? A cowculator
15. Why did nobody bid for Rudolph and Blitzen on eBay? They were two deer
16. What did one snowman say to the other snowman? "Can you smell carrots?"
17. Why can't a bike stand up by itself? It's two-tyred
18. What school subject are snakes best at? Hisssstory
19. What do you get if you lie under a cow? A pat on the head
20. How did Mary and Joseph figure out baby Jesus was exactly 7lb 9oz? They had a weigh in a manger
21. Which side of a turkey has the most feathers? The outside
22. What carol do they sing in the desert? O Camel Ye Faithful
23. What time is it when an elephant sits on your fence? Time to get a new fence
24. What do you sing at a snowman's birthday party? Freeze a jolly good fellow
25. What happened to Santa when he went speed dating? He pulled a cracker
26. Who's Rudolph's favourite singer? Beyon-sleigh
27. Who delivers presents to baby sharks at Christmas? Santa Jaws
28. What athlete is warmest in winter? A long jumper
29. What's the most popular Christmas wine? "I don't like sprouts!"
30. What does a frog do if his car breaks down? He has it toad
31. Why does your nose get tired in winter? It runs all day
32. What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire? Frostbite
33. What do you call a line of men waiting for a haircut? A barber-queue
34. What kind of music do elves listen to? Wrap
35. What kind of motorcycle does Santa ride? A Holly Davidson
36. Why was the turkey in a band? He was the only one with drumsticks
37. What do reindeer put on their Christmas trees? Hornaments
38. What happened to the man who stole an Advent calendar? He got 25 days
39. What does Santa do when his elves misbehave? He gives them the sack
40. What happened when Santa got stuck in a chimney? He felt Claus-trophobic
41. What has four wheels and flies? A bin lorry
42. How do snowmen get around? By riding an icicle
43. How did Scrooge win the football match? The ghost of Christmas passed
44. Why is it getting so hard to buy Advent calendars? Their days are numbered
45. Why was Cinderella no good at football? Because her coach was a pumpkin
46. How does Darth Vader like his Christmas turkey? On the dark side
47. What do snowmen wear on their heads? Ice caps
48. When do vampires like horse racing? When it's neck and neck
49. How does Santa keep track of all the fireplaces he's visited? He keeps a logbook
50. What does a football team do when the pitch is flooded? Bring on the subs
Have any major howlers been missed off the list? Let us know in the comments below.
For more Christmas features and gift guides see www.telegraph.co.uk/christmas