Naomi Campbell's shady clapbacks are just as famous as her fierce walk on the runway.
Case in point: the time she was called to testify at the war crimes trial of former Liberian president Charles Taylor and she told the judge, "I want to get this over and done with… this is a big inconvenience for me." Or when she told Coco Rocha, "Check your lipstick before you come and talk to me," when competing with the fellow model on The Face. And we can't forget her politically correct answer after being asked about Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Vogue cover. Her laugh said it all!
What really ups the ante of Campbell's no-holds-barred responses is her smoldering gaze. She cuts right through the BS with that smoky staredown.
In the video above, makeup artist Sade Hazard for Glamsquad re-creates Campbell's sultry smoky eye, layering rich purple and hazy black shadows. Add a pair of fluttery false eyelashes and a jet-black wig with bangs and you're well on your way to channeling the catwalk queen's signature shady makeup.
1. Brush a grape-colored eyeshadow on the outer corners of the eye.
2. Add a mauve shadow into the crease to achieve a gradient effect. Try: NARS Eurydice Duo Eyeshadow in Electric Aubergine.
3. Draw L'Oréal Paris Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner close to top lid. Blend liner out to smoke out into cat-eye shape.
4. Apply Glamsquad Lashes Style-213 on top lash line to enhance natural eyelashes.
5. Define the waterline with NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto.
6. Smudge Savage Storm from the Estée Lauder Simply Smoky EyeShadow Palette along lower lash line.
7. Define cheekbones with a bronzing shimmer powder. Pro tip: Swivel a large fluffy brush around the NARSissist Dual-Intensity Blush Palette and brush onto cheeks.
8. Glide on NARS Lip Gloss in Greek Holiday for a luminous pout.
For more, go to yahoo.com/lifestyle