Ralph Lauren’s 50th anniversary show brought out the all biggest and brightest stars. With Oprah, Blake Lively, Anne Hathaway, Pierce Brosnan, and countless others mulling around Central Park, one would think the evening’s best dressed would be of Hollywood royalty—not so! All were eclipsed by the presence of longtime Lauren fan, Hillary Clinton who arrived at the black tie dinner in an ice blue gown and sapphire earrings, an understated look befitting a seasoned stateswoman.
Lauren has been Clinton’s designer of choice for years. First meeting in the ’90s when the then first lady was heading up a project to preserve artifacts significant to American history, they crossed paths when Lauren generously funded the restoration of the flag that flew at Fort McHenry during the War of 1812. Since then, Lauren has outfitted Clinton for countless important events, providing the famous pantsuits she favored during her 2016 campaign.
On hand to celebrate the achievements of a close friend and a major fashion milestone, Clinton inadvertently became the photo op of the evening—even Kanye West couldn’t resist snapping a picture. The superstar updated his twitter with a shot of Clinton watching Oprah deliver her toast and a humblebrag about his great seat and several other starstruck attendees asked for seflies. Through it all, Clinton looked chic in her polished Lauren finery, carrying herself with an air that was, dare we say, presidential.
Trending Stories on Fashion:
- Kim Kardashian West Reveals a New Yeezy Look: Spandex and Slouchy Boots - Read More
- In Belgium, Brigitte Macron and Melania Trump Are Style Opposites - Read More
- Meghan Markle, Duchess of Sussex, Chooses Ralph Lauren for Prince Louis’s Christening - Read More
- Kourtney Kardashian Wears a Leather Tube Dress - Read More
- Nontraditional Bridesmaid Dresses for Summer - Read More