Dwyane Wade’s daughter, Zaya, who recently came out as transgender, made her red carpet debut at the sixth annual Truth Awards in Los Angeles last night. The 12-year-old was joined by her dad and stepmom, Gabrielle Union.
Taking to Instagram today, the retired basketball star, 38, shared a few photos from the evening and expressed how proud he is of Zaya. “Everyone allow her to re-introduce herself, her name is Zaya Wade! Last night was Zaya’s first red carpet and we couldn’t have been prouder of how she handled the questions that were asked of her. She has emerged as one of the young faces and voices for the LGBTQ+ community.”
More from Footwear News
- Dwyane Wade Protects Gabrielle Union from a Flying Basketball With His Custom Sneakers
- Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade Matched in White Lace Looks at 'Vanity Fair' Oscars Party
- Gabrielle Union, Billy Porter + More Stun at the 2020 Essence Black Women in Hollywood Awards
Zaya dressed in a custom Richfresh look consisting of a bright green shirt with a tuxedo jacket, black trousers featuring a hot pink asymmetrical stripe detail and sleek black leather ankle boots. She also carried a pink clutch bag and accessorized with a necklace and a few rings.
The former Miami Heat shooting guard captioned another snap of Zaya with himself and Union. “Zaya how does that custom @richfresh feel???” he said. The photo shows the ambassador for Chinese sportswear label Li-Ning and his wife of six years wearing coordinating black and white colorblock suits and colorful tops underneath that matched Zaya’s ensemble.
Dwyane Wade Protects Gabrielle Union from a Flying Basketball With His Custom Sneakers
Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade Matched in White Lace Looks at ‘Vanity Fair’ Oscars Party
Li-Ning Unveils Jackie Chan Capsule & a Shoe Collaboration With Dwyane Wade
Best of Footwear News
- Sandals for Winter Is the Season's Most Surprising Shoe Trend
- How Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's Style Has Evolved Over the Years
- Céline Dion's Most Unforgettable Style Moments of 2019