'Tis the season for taking pictures! From making your own Christmas cards and decorating holiday cookies to wearing matching pajamas and trimming the Christmas tree with your family, there are so many moments to capture on camera. And if you take a photo but don't post it on social media, did it ever really exist? (According to your kids, no. 😂) As you work through your Christmas bucket list this year, focus on taking Instagram-worthy photos and leave the hard part up to us. We came up with the ultimate list of Christmas captions for Instagram that will you get through the entire holiday season.
Are you the Cousin Eddie of your friend group? Make everyone laugh with a funny Christmas caption that shows your personality (and helps everyone forget that your RV is parked in the driveway). If you like to keep things simple, forget about words and let some festive emojis do the talking in your post. Want a family-friendly caption that will give your dad's jokes a run for his money? Look snow further—there are plenty of clever Christmas puns to choose from. And for those of you who have been binge-watching Christmas movies on Netflix since August, you can't go wrong with a movie quote caption (because Buddy the Elf always knows what to say).
Regardless of what kind of Christmas caption you want to use, these cute and funny phrases will help you sleigh the Instagram game this year.
Funny Christmas Captions
- Dear Santa...I can explain.
- Me, 11 months of the year: "Slay." Me in December: "Sleigh."
- Let's get lit!
- All I want for Christmas is
- Dreaming of a white Christmas (but if the white runs out, I'll drink the red).
- Bah, humbug.
- Forget the figgy pudding, I want cookies!
- Relationship status: Single and ready to jingle.
- Red wine pairs well with a crazy family.
- Feelin' frosty.
- Petition to celebrate Christmas year-round. Sign below!
- Consider this photo my Christmas card to all of you.
- The Festival of Lights? More like the Festival of Carbs.
- Dear Santa ... define "nice."
- December isn't over yet, but I already understand how the Grinch felt.
- Christmas cheer? I thought you said Christmas beer ...
- Feliz naughty dog.
- To-do list: Eat, drink, nap.
- Has anyone ever actually had figgy pudding?
- 'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring (except for people with kids who still believe in Santa).
- I'm on the naughty list.
- Most parents: Don't forget to leave out milk and cookies! Me, an intellectual: Santa told Mommy he wants wine this year.
- 'Tis the season for stretchy pants.
- That's a wrap! No, seriously—I finally finished wrapping the gifts.
- It's beginning to *cost* a lot like Christmas...
Cute Christmas Captions
- "It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air."
- May your days be merry and bright.
- "My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others."
- If kisses were snowflakes, I'd send you a blizzard.
- All is calm, all is bright.
- I got all spruced up for the holidays.
- "Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind."
- It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
- "Love the giver more than the gift."
- Meet me under the mistletoe.
- Although it's been said, many times, many ways ... Merry Christmas to you
- My favorite color is Christmas lights.
- I'm only a morning person on December 25th.
- "One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day."
- On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ...
- All I want for Christmas is you!
- Snuggled up together, like two birds of a feather would be ...
Christmas Captions Using Emojis
- He's making a 📝 and checking it ✌
- Look ⬆️...🎅 is coming!
- I'm on the 😈 📝
- I'm on the 😇📝
- There's ❄️ place like 🏡
- Every time a 🔔 rings an 😇 gets its wings.
- Rebel without a 🎅
- Up to ❄️ good.
- ✌on 🌎 and 👍 will to 👱👩
- All I want for Christmas is 🍕
- To-do list: 1.🍴2.🍷3. 😴
- 😈 or 😇?
Punny Christmas Captions
- There's snow place like home.
- All the jingle ladies, all the jingle ladies.
- Your presents is requested.
- I only have ice for you.
- Resting Grinch face.
- The snuggle is real.
- Believe in your elf.
- I’m feelin’ pine.
- But wait—there's myrrh.
- It’s the most wine-derful time of the year.
- He came, he thawed, he conquered.
- Sleigh my name, sleigh my name.
- Rebel without a Claus.
- Yule be sorry.
- Birch, please.
- Up to snow good.
- But first, let’s take an elfie.
- Make it rein.
- Say it ain't snow!
Christmas Captions Inspired by Movie Quotes
- "Every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings." — It's a Wonderful Life
- "We all know that Christmas is a big commercial racket. It’s run by a big Eastern syndicate, you know." — A Charlie Brown Christmas
- "I believe, I believe. It’s silly but I believe." — Miracle on 34th Street
- "First we’ll make snow angels for two hours, then we’ll go ice skating, then we’ll eat a whole roll of Toll House® cookie dough as fast as we can, and then to finish, we’ll snuggle." — Elf
- "The Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. Maybe Christmas, he thought ... doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps ... means a little bit more!" — How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)
- "Christmas was on its way. Lovely, glorious, beautiful Christmas, upon which the entire kid year revolved." — A Christmas Story
- "It's Christmas Eve. It's the one night of the year when we all act a little nicer, we smile a little easier, we cheer a little more. For a couple of hours out of the whole year we are the people that we always hoped we would be." — Scrooged
- "You stink. You smell like beef and cheese, you don't smell like Santa." — Elf
- "Merry Christmas, you filthy animal." — Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
- "Christmas isn’t just a day, it’s a frame of mind." — Miracle on 34th Street
- "Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can’t see." — The Polar Express
- "You'll shoot your eye out, kid." — A Christmas Story
- "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." — Elf
- "That's what Christmas memories are made from. They're not planned, they're not scheduled, nobody puts them in their Blackberry—they just happen." — Deck the Halls
You Might Also Like