The @WWD TikTok account will feature behind-the-scenes coverage from international fashion weeks, industry events and celebrity coverage on the video-sharing app, favored by Generation Z.
More from WWD
- Gartner: Luxury Execs See Change Coming in 2020
- Kim Kardashian West's Skims Arrives at Nordstrom in New York
- What Brands Can Learn From the VSCO Girl: 5 Tips for Engaging Gen Z
TikTok’s popularity among the masses has grown tremendously since its launch in 2016. The ByteDance-owned app offers short-form videos, generally recorded against today’s most popular songs. The app grew by roughly 500 million users by the end of 2019, totaling more than 1.5 billion all users, according to The Verge.
The social media platform has attracted a number of fashion and beauty brands, including Ralph Lauren, which launched on TikTok with its U.S. Open campaign in 2019, E.l.f., Sephora, Calvin Klein and Fenty Beauty, among others.
WWD’s TikTok account is the latest addition to the publication’s robust social media coverage. The publication currently caters to a social media audience of more than 5 million, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Read more here:
WATCH: Which Celebrities Have the Best Travel Style?
Best of WWD
- The Eight Must-See Moments From the 2020 Grammy Awards
- American Dream: What to Know About New Jersey's Supersized Shopping Mall
- The Biggest Spring 2020 Fashion Trends From the Runways