Let’s be honest: All Halloween candies aren’t created equal. Peanut butter cups > everything. They’re pretty much the best invention since, well, chocolate. So to pay homage to our favorite treat of all time, we’ve created the world’s biggest peanut butter cup. We give you permission to whip one up for every single Halloween party this season. (Then invite us over.)
Giant Peanut Butter Cup
Servings: Makes one 9-inch peanut butter cup (10 servings)
Time: Start to Finish: 1 hour
12 ounces dark chocolate chips
10 ounces milk chocolate chips
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1½ cups creamy peanut butter
1¼ cups confectioners’ sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Bring a medium saucepan with 2 inches of water to a simmer over medium heat. Combine the dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and coconut oil in a medium-size heatproof bowl and place it over the saucepan (the bottom shouldn’t touch the water).
2. Heat the chocolate over the water until it’s melted and smooth. Pour half of the chocolate into a 9-inch tart pan with a removable base. Gently tap and swirl the pan until the chocolate fully coats the base.
3. Refrigerate the base until fully set, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
5. Beat in the salt and vanilla. Form the mixture into a 9-inch circle on a piece of parchment paper.
6. Remove the tart pan from the refrigerator and carefully place the peanut butter disk on top of it. Press the peanut butter layer into the edges of the pan.
7. Pour the remaining chocolate over the peanut butter and gently tap and swirl until it fully coats the peanut butter layer.
8. Refrigerate until the top is fully set, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving. To slice, run a sharp chef’s knife under hot water and carefully cut the peanut butter cup into wedges. This ensures the top doesn't crack while you're slicing.