We asked various women of different salaries: What do you avoid participating in because of money? No matter how much money someone rakes in, there is almost always something that doesn't fit in their budget. Find out what women across a wide range of income levels opt out of because of finances.
- Clubs or bars with cover charges. It is not free, It's not going to be more fun than my bed.
- Right now, I don't really look into activities that costs money, because I know I can't afford it. I wish I could travel, or go out to dinner with friends more.
- Probably, a lot of social activities.
- Expensive clothes.
- Additional retirement funds, outside of my employer provided 401k.
- Not much. But I don't just participate in things at the drop of a hat. I make sure it's something that I really want to do.
- Nothing. I'm lucky I'm not in a position where money holds me back from the things I want to do.
- I don't have restrictions.
- Political giving.
- Extravagant things, like exclusive social clubs.
- I don't feel like I get pulled back because of money. I make more money than most of my friends, but I don't like putting them in an uncomfortable position to make them feel like they have to spend more money than they have.
- I'm short on time, as I work a lot. Money is not an impediment to things I'd like to do.