• In a new Instagram video, Dr. Pimple Popper reveals a series of cyst extractions on a patient's face.
• Dr. Lee uses a comedone extractor to reduce the risk of irritation and make the process go more smoothly.
• Cysts commonly form on the face, often as a result of pores becoming clogged with oil and dead skin cells.
Blackheads and whiteheads never seem like less of a nuisance than when Dr. Pimple Popper is tasked with removing several of them in a row, usually in a matter of seconds. In her latest Instagram post, Dr. Pimple Popper—aka, dermatologist and TLC host Dr. Sandra Lee, MD—once again makes the process look deceptively easy, using her trusty comedone extractor to make quick work of a blackhead cluster on a patient's face.
Blackheads, as most people are probably aware, are highly common, affecting nearly 50 million Americans every year, according to MedicalNewsToday, usually appearing on the face and neck. A common misconception, however, is that they're linked to "dirt" getting trapped in the skin. Blackheads actually get their color because melanin becomes oxidized when exposed to the air.
When treating blackheads, it's important not to squeeze them yourself, since that can lead to inflammation and irritation. Instead, consider using over the counter face wash products containing salicylic acid with a deep cleaning brush such as a Clarisonic, and simply give it time.
Season 3 of Dr. Pimple Popper is currently airing on TLC on Thursday nights at 9/8 central.
('You Might Also Like',)
- This Workout Torches Fat in Under 10 Minutes
- How to Cool Down After Your Hardest Workouts
- What Is The Lectin-Free Diet?