Nintendo has come a long way since the 80s and in this episode we're diving into the next generation of gaming with the Nintendo Switch
- Hey, everyone. My name is Steph, and welcome to "In the Know, Game On," where we'll delve into the hottest trends in gaming across multiple platforms and products. Today, we'll be doing a deep dive into all things Nintendo Switch.
It really offers the best of both worlds. It's small enough to be portable. But once you plug it into the dock it comes with, you can also play it on your TV. Joining me today is Kiera Please, an on and offscreen social media personality, voice actress, and artist. Welcome, Kiera. Super excited to have you with us today.
KIERA PLEASE: Yeah. I'm so excited.
- Can you tell us a little bit more about your gaming experience and, like, when you started?
KIERA PLEASE: I got introduced by my sister. She was like a huge "Mortal Kombat" fan, like, back when there was "Mario Kart," "Tekken." But I just most recently started sharing that with the world and streaming on Twitch.
- What does your battle station look like? Like, what are some of your gadgets that you have while you're streaming?
KIERA PLEASE: I use a lot of, like, voice mods and soundbites from, like, different TikToks and YouTubes and games that I like to incorporate in my stream for users in, like, my chat and community to play while I'm playing games or, like, watching videos. So I have two stream decks. I don't use them all, but I think I have almost over 100 sounds that people can choose from.
- Kiera, we're gonna do a deep dive into the Nintendo Switch. Can you tell us your experience with the Switch?
KIERA PLEASE: Nintendo has a special place in my heart. I think, in general, it has a special place in a lot of people's hearts because it's just impacted so much of, one, the gaming community and just, like, our childhoods and, like, you know, what we've played.
- What are some of your favorite games?
KIERA PLEASE: You know, "Mario Party."
- I love "Mario Party." I think I could be 50 and I'll still want to play it.
KIERA PLEASE: I feel like you can play with anybody and they can get heavily invested. You know, the classic "Mario Kart"-- I'm not the best racer, but I got heart. That's what matters.
- I love your competitive spirit. So the Switch and "Mario Kart 8" bundle includes the Nintendo Switch console, the dock, the joy-con, right and left, two straps, and one joy-con grip, the HDMI cable, the AC adapter, and a full-game download code for "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe."
Kiera, what are some of your favorite characters, maybe your favorite map on "Mario Kart"?
KIERA PLEASE: I always play as Toad. That's just my go-to. I might play Luigi or Yoshi.
- That's your top three?
KIERA PLEASE: It's my top three, but honestly, it's Toad. It's Toad.
- Race your friends or battle them in a revised battle mode on new and returning battle courses. Play locally in up to four-player multiplayer in 1080p while playing on TV mode. We also have here this case. It has a hard EVA shell that keeps your device protected while the soft inner material keeps your device free from scratches.
Kiera, are you a Super Smash Bros. player?
KIERA PLEASE: Yeah, and I always play as Kirby.
- Oh, my god. Me, too.
KIERA PLEASE: Really? OK.
- I'm a Kirby player. I only pick Kirby.
KIERA PLEASE: Me, too, the whole time. I don't care. I don't care about anybody else.
- Play any way you want, locally, online, in TV mode. Fight faster and smarter with new and returning techniques like the perfect shield and directional air dodge. So you've created a few iconic looks while you've been cosplaying. What do you say is your favorite?
KIERA PLEASE: My favorite? Hear me out real quick-- DoodleBob from "SpongeBob Squarepants." It was [? going ?] [? to ?] [? be ?] [INAUDIBLE]. Yeah.
- That is hilarious. It sounds iconic.
KIERA PLEASE: It was.
- It definitely sounds iconic. Kiera, thank you so much for joining us today. I had a pleasure talking to you. I enjoyed learning so much from you, too.
KIERA PLEASE: Thank you. You are amazing.
- Whether you're on the move or at home, the Switch is a versatile console with so much to offer. I'm Steph, and this is "In the Know, Game On." I'll see you guys next time.