- Today show star Hoda Kotb posted a few Instagram pictures of herself, boyfriend Joel Schiffman, and daughters Haley Joy and Hope Catherine on Sunday.
- The photos have some fans wondering if she is going to return to Today.
- Dylan Dreyer teased on Monday that Hoda would be making a special announcement about her return this week.
Hoda Kotb's return to the Today show has been highly anticipated ever since she adopted her second daughter, Hope Catherine, and went on maternity leave in mid-April. Now, over four months later, some of her fans appear to be losing hope that she's coming back at all, especially after seeing her latest Instagram.
"Every minute is precious. ❤️❤️❤️," she captioned.
While most of Hoda's fans saw the picture as nothing more than her having a blast with her family, some went on to speculate that this was a sign she would not be coming back.
- "You’re not coming back, are you? 😔" - @carolann1002
- "Guess you’re not going back to work" - @canessamargaret
- "Are you ever coming back to TV?? I miss seeing you😢" -@makeupbyleslee
- "I don't think you're coming back," @dmcdowe2
- "Hoda we miss you... but if your heart is calling you to stay right there close with this— follow your heart♥️ teach us about love" - @debbiebcity
Why folks think Hoda having fun automatically means she's leaving Today is beyond us, but there were quite a few who came to that conclusion. With that being said though, there were also plenty of optimistic fans in her comments section predicting that the host would be returning after Labor Day weekend.
At the moment, NBC has not confirmed a return date for Hoda. The good news is, though, that Dylan Dreyer, who was with Hoda over the weekend, announced on Monday that Hoda will be appearing on Tuesday morning's show.
"We’re looking forward to seeing her around studio 1A very soon," Dylan teased.
As some fans will remember, when announcing her new book, I Really Needed This Today, Hoda said she was excited to come back to the show.
"I am loving my maternity leave, but I am also waiting for the day that I come back to see you guys on TV, and I can't wait for that," she said on Instagram.
So there you have it: Hoda is for sure coming back ... at this point, it's just a matter of when. And whether it's tomorrow, in a week, or two months from now, whatever Hoda chooses will be the right call for her and her family – and that's what matters the most.
You Might Also Like