Celebrity hair stylist Ted Gibson has tamed the tresses of everyone from Lupita Nyong’o to Hilary Duff and in our newest episode of The Breakdown, he’s showing us how to get a half-down top knot.
1. Start by using a large barrel curling iron to create soft waves.
2. With a comb, section hair from the top of the ear to the crown of the head.
3. Brush hair straight up into a tight, high ponytail and secure with an elastic.
4. Apply styling cream to tame flyaways and add shine.
5. Twist the ponytail into a knot at the top of your head.
6. Use bobby pins to secure the knot.
7. Finish the look with hairspray to hold everything in place.