Forgot a chocolate bunny for someone this Easter? It's understandable given that Easter Sunday is arriving much earlier than usual this year. Even if you've made sure to stock up on all the best chocolate eggs and creative basket stuffers for April 12, everyone knows that holidays don't always go according to plan — especially when there's so much to prepare for the dinner party, like the best Easter ham and the yummiest appetizers. (And then there's the obvious danger of accidentally eating all the Easter candy that was supposed to be for the family egg hunt — oops!)
Of course, that's where superstores like Target come in. The major retailer always has everything you need, from grocery essentials to common household products — not to mention the best deals and cutest finds for Easter! That's why you might be wondering if Target is open on Easter Sunday this year — after all, there's a big chance that you might need to stop by the superstore on your way to Easter dinner for extra chocolate bunnies. Before you make the trip, though, here's what to know about Target's Easter hours for 2020.
So, will Target be open on Easter Sunday?
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to count on the major retailer for any last-minute purchases this Easter. All Target stores will be closed on Easter Sunday, a Target spokesperson confirmed to GoodHousekeeping.com.
Bummer, we know. But Target will be be open for normal hours before and after Easter Sunday — including Good Friday and Holy Saturday — so you can still pick up a few goodies for everyone's baskets right before the big day. Of course, since store hours vary by location, you're going to want to check with your local store to find out the exact hours of operation.
What stores are open on Easter Sunday?
If something does end up slipping your mind though, don't fear: there are many other stores you can stop by on the holiday for all your Easter needs:
- CVS: Most stores are open 24 hours.
- Kmart: Most stores are open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Kroger: All Kroger stores will be open on Easter Sunday for regular hours from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. (some locations are open 24 hours)
- Meijer: Meijer locations will be open on Easter for regular store hours. Most stores are open 24 hours, though some locations close at 11 p.m. or midnight.
- Rite-Aid: Most stores are open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Safeway: Safeway will be open for normal hours from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (with some locations open 24 hours).
- Walgreens: Most stores are open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Walmart: Walmart will be open for regular operating hours. Check your store's local hours with the website's store locator.
Don't see some big names on this list? That's because in addition to Target, there are several other stores that will close their doors on Easter Sunday, including Costco, ALDI, H-E-B, Sam's Club, and Publix.
For can't-miss news, expert beauty advice, genius home solutions, delicious recipes, and lots more, sign up for the Good Housekeeping newsletter.
You Might Also Like