Raise your hand if you're obsessed with Pinterest! Oh, just us? Here at SHAPE, we love Pinterest. Besides providing some awesome health and fitness inspiration, it also helps us improve our diet. Here are five ways in which Pinterest makes it easy to think about nutrition:
1. Antioxidant infographics: Did you know that one cup of blackberries contains the most antioxidants of all the berries out there? You would if you had this nifty infographic found on Pinterest, which also serves as a great guide to some healthy ingredients you should be eating every day.
2. Sandwich options: Pass on your usual peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which is loaded with sugar, and opt for a more creative hand-held lunch. This image found on Pinterest is a great start for thinking outside of the (lunch) box. Don't forget about mushrooms, avocados , and tomatoes!
3. It includes healthy lists: Sometimes it's easy to forget you should be including fruits, veggies, and grains in your recipes, but this handy list found on Pinterest is a great reminder. Print it out and stick it on your fridge next time you need some nutrition inspiration. Or go the eco-friendly route and bookmark it in your browser . You can even make it the background on your desktop (Too much?).
4. What not to eat: After taking a look at this image found on Pinterest, you might find it's easier to skip the drive -thru. Don't let the "fastness" fool you. You're sacrificing your health in the process. Plus, it's not necessarily less expensive than much healthier whole foods from your local grocery store.
5. What to eat: On the flip side, these are the things you should be eating, according to this insightful infographic found on Pinterest: raspberries, garlic , and spinach, just to name a few. Include these in your diet!
To see more ways Pinterest can improve your diet, click here!
More on SHAPE:
15 Small Diet Changes for Weight Loss
Are You Falling for these 10 Food Label Lies?
8 Healthy Holiday Food Swaps