The Under Armour Curry 7 is the latest sneaker bearing his name, a tech-loaded look built for dominance on the court. Leading the innovation is its cushioning system.
More from Footwear News
- Under Armour Founder Kevin Plank Made Nearly $90 Million in Stock the Day He Stepped Aside as CEO
- Kevin Plank Exits as Under Armour CEO -- Industry Leaders React
- The Major Moments That Defined Kevin Plank's Time as Under Armour CEO
The latest model in the Curry franchise features both shock-absorbing Hovr and energy-returning Micro G cushioning materials. They are paired with a flexible plate that separates the materials so they can allow each to work as they should as well as provide support and stability.
Aside from cushioning, the style is designed with a synthetic leather, mesh and TPU upper, a decoupled heel to allow for natural motion, an internal counter lining package for step in-comfort and stability and a pull tab with three animal characters representing the shooting guard’s children.
The Under Armour Curry 7 “Undrtd” — which features a white, gray, red and black color palette — arrives at UA Brand Houses, select retailers and via UNDRTD on Nov. 1 and will retail for $140.
In related Under Armour news, the company announced on Tuesday that founder Kevin Plank would step down as CEO in January and will be replaced by president and COO Patrik Frisk. Plank will remain at Under Armour as executive chairman and brand chief.
Under Armour Founder Kevin Plank Made Nearly $90 Million in Stock the Day He Stepped Aside as CEO
The Major Moments That Defined Kevin Plank’s Time as Under Armour CEO
Kevin Plank Exits as Under Armour CEO — Industry Leaders React
Best of Footwear News
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court
- 17 Best Basketball Sneakers of All-Time