Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
Servings: Makes one 10-inch cookie (about 12 servings)
3 cups (360g) all-purpose flour
1¼ teaspoons baking soda
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
¾ cup (1½ sticks/170g) butter, melted and cooled slightly
1¼ cups (266g) brown sugar
1 cup (198g) granulated sugar
3 large (150g) eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2½ cups (425g) semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 10-inch oven-safe skillet with butter.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, mix the butter with the brown sugar and granulated sugar until well combined (the sugar should look slightly dissolved). Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until well combined before adding the next, and the vanilla extract.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Press the dough into the prepared skillet and bake until golden brown and baked through, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.