Sustainability has always been important to the outdoor industry, however, the push to have eco-friendly performance looks on retail shelves is stronger than ever. One brand that will deliver a fall ’20 trail runner that Mother Nature should be pleased with is Merrell.
For the season, the outdoor company will release the Agility Synthesis 2 Undyed, a vegan-friendly style made without dyes or pigments, which saves water and energy during the manufacturing process.
More from Footwear News
- Wolverine Q3 Profits Beat Forecasts; Company Braces for Tariff Impact
- Shoe of the Week: Puma Unearths a Classic '80s Runner for Its Next Must-Have Street Style Sneaker
- What's Selling: Oboz, Bogs and Blundstone Are Top Performers in Outdoor Retailers
Merrell continues the sustainability story throughout the rest of the shoe, which features several recycled elements such as the laces, breathable mesh lining, external rear sling and the jacquard and TPU uppers.
The trail-ready look is also equipped with several proprietary technologies including mountain-grade Quantum Grip rubber outsoles, lightweight FloatPro foam midsole cushioning and FlexConnect midsole flex-grooves for enhanced ground feel.
The Merrell Agility Synthesis 2 Undyed will come with a $120 price tag.
Shoe of the Week: Hoka One One Tweaks Ultramarathon Legend Karl ‘Speedgoat’ Meltzer’s Trail Shoe
Shoe of the Week: Adidas Outdoor’s Stylish Free Hiker Gets a Major Sustainable Upgrade
Shoe of the Week: Timberland Has a New 6-Inch Boot That’s Made With Recycled Plastic
Best of Footwear News
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court