Here, all the royal news you need to know for the week of October 4, 2019.
Kensington Palace just announced new details about Kate Middleton and Prince William's royal tour of Pakistan, coming up on October 14 and ending on October 18. "This is the most complex tour undertaken by The Duke and Duchess to date, given the logistical and security considerations," the statement read. George, Charlotte and Louis will not join their mom and dad on the trip, but here's who will.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's royal tour of Africa may be over, but they're not leaving the spotlight any time soon. On the second to last day of their tour, the duke published an open letter condemning the British press's treatment of Markle and announcing that the duchess is suing the Mail on Sunday and its parent company.
- At this week's visit to the Aga Khan center in London, Middleton said Princess Charlotte has acquired a taste for spicy foods. “Charlotte is pretty good with heat,” Middleton told reporters after revealing she cooks curry for her family. Now we're dying to know the little princess's thoughts on sriracha...
- According to multiple outlets, Kate and Will are getting new neighbors, and it's quite possibly Princess Eugenie and her new(ish) husband, Jack Brooksbank. Renovations of Apartment 1, the unit next to the Cambridges' sprawling Apartment 1A, are already under way.
- Queen Elizabeth has given personal permission to her former dresser and personal assistant of 25 years, Angela Kelly, to publish a biography about the monarch. This marks the first time a serving member of the royal household has been given such permission, according to the book's publisher, Harper Collins, via Town & Country. The book is available for preorder and is due out October 29.
Where We'll See Them Next:
- Queen Elizabeth will open the Centenary Development at Haig Housing Trust in London on October 11.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton will depart for their royal tour of Pakistan on October 14.
- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles will travel to Japan at the end of October for an official royal visit.