In honor of Yahoo’s official color, I created a bright purple smoky eye. Not the easiest color to wear, but the key to creating a smoky eye with bold colors, whether it's purple, blue, or green, is to layer multiple shades of the one hue. Here’s how to do it:
- It’s important to start with concealer—especially with purple because it enhances the redness in your skin and can make you look tired, unless you counter it with a great concealer.
- Using a shadow brush, apply a natural shadow that is the color of your skin tone as a base, from the lashline to just below the brow.
- Then choose three shades of your main color (I used five different shades here). Layer from light to dark, starting with the lightest from the lash line to brow bone.
- Layer the medium shade from lash line to crease.
- Place the darkest shade in the crease.
- Line your eyes with ultra dark, plummy (almost black) liner and black mascara and you’ve got a fearless Yahoo Beauty look.
Photos: Henry Leutwyler