Raspberry Glazed Almond Loaf
Servings: Makes one 9-by-5-inch loaf
¼ cup Simply™ Almond Original Unsweetened
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon pure almond extract
¾ cup almond flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
½ tablespoon baking powder
1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon raspberry jam
1½ tablespoons Simply™ Almond Original Unsweetened, plus more as needed
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang so you can easily remove the loaf after baking.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the Simply™ Almond Original Unsweetened, olive oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and almond extract. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, all-purpose flour, salt and baking powder. Sift the dry mixture into the wet mixture, and stir until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Bake the cake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack before glazing.
5. Make the Glaze: While the cake is baking, in a medium bowl, strain the jam to remove the seeds. Add the powdered sugar, then slowly add the Simply™ Almond Original Unsweetened, whisking until smooth and glossy. Add more Simply™ Almond Original Unsweetened as needed to reach desired consistency.
6. When the cake is completely cool, top with the glaze.