Queen Elizabeth II stepped out in London today for the opening of Haig Housing Trust’s new housing project for armed forces veterans. As this was her first royal outing since her summer hiatus, the Queen made a vibrant arrival in an all-blue ensemble.
The 93-year-old matriarch wore a dress layered with a double-breasted peacoat; she matched the look with a hat done in the same color.
More from Footwear News
- Roger Vivier Reimagines Queen Elizabeth's Coronation Shoes + Unveils Bejeweled Clogs
- Kate Middleton Repeats Gianvito Rossi Pumps in Rare Joint Outing With Queen Elizabeth
- Camilla Parker Bowles Sits Front-Row at LFW, Honors Young Designer With Queen's Award
On her feet, Her Royal Highness chose a style she frequents often — a black heel with a horse-bit detail — on a snakeskin embossed upper.
The Royal Family shared the moment on Instagram and added a throwback image, writing, “The Queen has been Patron of @haighousing since 1952, and 70 years ago, in 1949, opened a Haig Housing estate in Jersey.”
To see more retro pictures of Queen Elizabeth, click through the gallery to check out her ’60s shoe style.
Roger Vivier Reimagines Queen Elizabeth’s Coronation Shoes + Unveils Bejeweled Clogs
Pippa Middleton and Queen Elizabeth Wear Spring Florals for Lady Gabriella Windsor’s Wedding
Queen Elizabeth and Princess Eugenie Show Off Their Spring Style at Windsor
Best of Footwear News
- Celebrities Whose Style Got Better With Age
- The Most Dramatic Celebrity Style Transformations
- Proof That Bella Hadid Is Way Ahead of the Latest Shoe Trends