Just in time for 2020 NBA All-Star Weekend, Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard has tapped long-time Adidas collaborator Pusha T to assist on the latest colorway of his Dame 6 signature sneaker.
Lillard is not only known for prowess on the basketball court, he is also a respected rapper, who creates music under the alias Dame D.O.L.L.A. — which makes for a fitting collab with Pusha T.
More from Footwear News
- Jerry Lorenzo's Nike Air Fear of God 1 Sneaker Will Release in a Stealthy All-Black Colorway
- New Balance and Joe Freshgoods Will Deliver 'No Emotions Are Emotions' Collab During NBA All-Star Weekend
- This Air Jordan 3 Is Being Released Exclusively in Chicago During NBA All-Star Weekend
This latest iteration draws inspiration from the look of a mixtape, employing a two-toned upper with white filling in a majority of the lateral side and black for the medial portion. Additional details include “DL-90” and “PSH-T77,” nods to both Lilliard and Pusha T’s initials and birth years, while “I Am My Own Fan” is stamped onto the midsole and toe box with an X and a line and the words “Sign Here” for customization.
Unfortunately, Lillard has officially been ruled out of this weekend’s basketball festivities after he suffered a groin injury during last night’s game between his Blazers squad and the Memphis Grizzlies.
The Pusha T x Adidas Dame 6 releases tomorrow on Adidas.com as well as at select Adidas retailers for $140.
Adidas Enters the Running Technology Arms Race With Its ‘Most Advanced and Fastest’ Shoe Ever
Pharrell’s BBC Icecream Gives a Classic Allen Iverson Reebok Sneaker a Bold New Look
Adidas Yeezy’s First Basketball Sneaker Is Set to Drop During NBA All-Star Weekend
Best of Footwear News
- 11 Best Yeezy Sneakers That You Can Shop Now
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts