Meet the latest royal to steal the style spotlight: Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece. Featured in W’s October issue, the 18-year-old has also posed for Tatler and Vanity Fair Spain, and secured front-row runway-seat-status (once, alongside Emma Watson at Valentino). Here, ten things to know about the new “It” girl.
1. Her father, Pavlos, is Crown Prince of Greece and Prince of Denmark—and son of Constantine II, King of Greece from 1964 until 1973, when the country formally abolished its monarchy. She counts Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and Queen Sofia of Spain as great-aunts, and her godfather, Prince Charles, once took her to a London performance of “Shrek The Musical,” according to the Telegraph.
(Left to Right) Marie-Chantal Miller in 1991, The Wedding Of Prince Pavlos Of Greece To Marie-chantal Miller in 1995, Prince Pavlos in 1995. Getty Images
2. Her mother, Marie-Chantal—Crown Princess of Greece and Princess of Denmark—could be called American royalty: The daughter of billionaire and Duty Free Shops co-founder, Robert Warren Miller, comprises one-third of the famed Miller Sisters. (Pia, the oldest, married—and divorced—Christopher Ronald Getty; Alexandra, the youngest, married and divorced Prince Alexander von Fürstenburg, son of Diane.) Marie-Chantal assisted Andy Warhol during his Factory days and in 2000, she launched an eponymous line of kidswear.
3. Maria-Olympia and her cousin Talita von Fürstenberg are particularly close.
4. Née in New York, Maria-Olympia moved to London at age seven, where she lives with her parents and four younger brothers: Prince Constantine-Alexios (15), Prince Achileas-Andreas (14), Prince Odysseas-Kimon (10), and Prince Aristidis-Stavros (6).
(Left to Right) Princess Marie-Chantal, Prince Pavlos, Prince Achileas-Andreas, Princess Maria-Olympia. Getty Images
5. She doesn’t speak Greek—“I wish I did,” she told Tatler.
6. Maria-Olympia studies drama, history of art, graphics, and photography at a sixth-form college (“I’m dyslexic, so I’m more creative and visual than academic,” she explained to the British publication) and might eventually enroll at NYU.
Maria-Olympia with cousin Talita von Fürstenberg, Maria-Olympia at Dior. @olympiagreece/Instagram
7. She spent several weeks last summer working in Christian Dior’s Couture house and lists Isabel Marant and Givenchy as her favorite labels.
8. Okay, so you’re probably going, “Is this like a Noxzema commercial or what?” But seriously, Maria-Olympia actually has a way normal life for a teenage girl. She loves “Clueless,” Tatler reported.
Clueless (Left) and Maria-Olympia (Right) Everett Collection/Instagram
9. She collected snow globes as a child.
10. And, she’s on Instagram: @olympiagreece