If you were imagining Prince William and Princess Kate eating popcorn in bed while watching the Netflix premiere of Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan's docuseries later this week, it's time to let that daydream go.
A royal insider tells BAZAAR.com that the couple has chosen not to watch the Sussexes' show at this time, but aides, and potentially lawyers, will be keeping a very close eye on the content of each episode.
Officially, Kensington Palace responded to BAZAAR's inquiries with a "no comment."
Volume 1 of Harry & Meghan will debut on Netflix this Thursday, December 8. Volume 2 of the series will debut next week, on December 15.
So far, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have released two trailers for the upcoming show, both promising a glimpse into their love story and a deep dive into what really happened between them and the rest of the royal family—particularly William and Kate.
"No one sees what's happening behind closed doors," Harry says in the first trailer, which was released on December 1, as clips of him and Meghan looking grim at various engagements beside William, Kate, and other members of the royal family flash on the screen. "I had to do everything I could to protect my family."
"I realized they're never gonna protect you," Meghan says, seemingly speaking of her husband's royal relatives, in the second teaser, which dropped December 5.
"No one knows the full truth. We know the full truth," Harry adds.
You Might Also Like