Overstuffed Sweet Potatoes with Chipotle-Lime Yogurt
Servings: 4 servings
4 small to medium sweet potatoes, or 2 large sweet potatoes cut in half
2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter) or raw coconut oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
½ teaspoon dried chipotle chili powder
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 cup cooked black beans (drained and rinsed, if canned)
1 avocado, cubed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Prepare the Potatoes: Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Put the sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet and roast until fork-tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven.
3. Slice the potatoes lengthwise down the center and fluff the flesh with a fork. Work 1 teaspoon of the ghee and a pinch of salt and pepper into each potato.
4. Make the Chipotle-Lime Yogurt: Place the yogurt, chili powder and lime juice in a small bowl and stir to combine.
5. To serve, top each sweet potato with ¼ cup of the black beans, 1 tablespoon of the cubed avocado, 1½ teaspoons of the cilantro, ½ teaspoon of the chives, a drizzle of the chipotle-lime yogurt and freshly ground black pepper as desired.