As one of the world’s most famous supermodels, Naomi Campbell has inspired many outfits over the years, but Normani’s Halloween costume may be one of the closest approximations of a Campbell look ever created.
For Halloween 2019, Normani re-created a head-to-toe leopard-print look that Campbell wore at a 1991 photoshoot. The Fifth Harmony alum wore a leopard-print bodysuit with matching gloves, a black beret and peep-toe stiletto booties as she posed in a series of photos posted to Instagram on Oct. 30.
More from Footwear News
- Heidi Klum's Craziest Costumes From Her Annual Halloween Parties
- Jennifer Garner's Kooky Mailbox Halloween Costume Starts With Rainbow Vans Sneakers
- Cardi B Celebrates Halloween in Nurse's Costume Complete With Red-Hot Thigh-Highs
The outfit was created by Kevin Mayes, who worked on the Academy Award-winning “Black Panther” costume team, alongside John Allen. While the take was spot-on, Normani’s shoes were slightly different from Campbell’s. The model’s original look featured lace-up booties with see-through accents, while the pop star’s 2019 interpretation had slip-on booties with cutouts.
Normani didn’t just nail Campbell’s ensemble, the “Dancing With a Stranger” singer also mastered the catwalker’s hands-over-head pose.
The costume won the seal of approval from many of the pop star’s fans, including Campbell herself. The runway legend comments with three hearts on an image Normani posted to Instagram. Other A-listers such as Hailey Baldwin, Zendaya and Gabrielle Union weighed in on the photo-sharing platform with their own enthusiasm for the look.
Click through the gallery to see some of Normani’s red carpet style over the years.
Normani Models Rihanna’s New Savage x Fenty Collection in Sky-High Leather Boots
Normani Sparkles in Crystal-Covered Dress & Strappy Red Spike Heels at MTV VMAs
Normani Praises Nicki Minaj for VMAs Shoutout Post-Tiffany Haddish Diss
Best of Footwear News
- Karen Pence Wears LBD With Pointed-Toe Pumps to Promote Her Christmas Book
- How Aaliyah's Effortlessly Cool Style and Shoes Continues to Influence Fashion
- 10 Times Katy Perry Wore Shoes From Her Namesake Label