One of Nike’s most talked about collaborations this year released yesterday, and it quickly sold out.
The Nike x Colin Kaepernick Air Force 1 Low retailed originally for $110 and was released in North America at Nike stores, select retailers and via the SNKRS app.
More from Footwear News
- LeBron James' Nike Signature Sneaker History
- After Jordan Brand's $1B Quarter, Here's What Will Drive Business Moving Forward
- Odell Beckham Jr.'s Grinch-Themed Cleats Will Have Fans Green With Envy
Kaepernick pays tribute to his former jersey number with “7” featured on a hangtag on the shoe. The low-top sneaker features black leather and suede uppers with a gradient black-to-white leather Swoosh contrasting with the tonal appearance.
An embroidered illustration of the former NFL quarterback is emblazoned on the white leather heel panels along with “K” branding on the tongue. Topping off the look is a white midsole and a translucent outsole. Printed on the outsole of the right shoe is “08 14 16” (Aug. 14, 2016), the date Kaepernick first knelt to protest police brutality.
As of yet, the resale market isn’t hiking prices too high for these sold-out sneakers. Resale site StockX has pairs for $156 with certain sizes on sale for up to $350.
GOAT also has a selection of the shoes selling from $145 to $400. Stadium Goods is selling pairs for as low as $205 and as high as $309. Users on eBay are offering a mix of prices with $140 being one of the lowest current listings, reaching up to $500 from other accounts.
Colin Kaepernick Reveals the Release Date for His Upcoming Nike Air Force 1
The Date of Colin Kaepernick’s First NFL Kneeling Is Featured on His Nike Air Force 1 Collab
Best of Footwear News
- Kyrie Irving's Nike Signature Sneaker History
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court