When it comes to footwear, Katie Holmes isn’t afraid to experiment — but she also has her old standbys.
As a New Yorker, the 40-year-old actress is often out and about in the streets. In cooler weather, she likes to keep cozy in shearling-lined Ugg boots ($160 from Nordstrom.com). The sheepskin boots are a favorite for teaming with sweats on early morning winter coffee runs.
More from Footwear News
- Katie Holmes Pairs Gladiator Sandals With Evening Gown for Global Citizen Festival
- Katie Holmes Shines in Glittering Manolo Blahnik Heels at 'The Irishman' Premiere
- Katie Holmes Suits Up in Gabriela Hearst and Nude Pumps
In warmer weather, Holmes is a big proponent of open-toed silhouettes. She stepped out several times in Gianvito Rossi high-heeled thong sandals ($695 on Net-a-Porter.com) this summer.
Thong high heels aren’t everyone’s cup of tea — the style went away by the mid ’00s and is thought by many to be “ugly.” Nonetheless, the ’90s favorite has made a comeback this year, this time with a sleeker silhouette.
Holmes has favored another ’90s comeback: the mom mule. She has a black leather Acne Studios pair (available on Mytheresa.com for $480) that she likes to team with jeans for a look straight out of the pre-Y2K years.
When it comes to sneakers, the “Dawson’s Creek” alum is a big fan of her Alexander McQueen oversize sole shoes. The white sneakers feature a platform for a boost of height and an iridescent tab at the back for a metallic pop; they can be purchased on Farfetch.com for $530.
Click through the gallery to see all of Katie Holmes’ favorite shoe styles.
Katie Holmes Pairs Gladiator Sandals With Evening Gown for Global Citizen Festival
Katie Holmes Suits Up in Gabriela Hearst and Nude Pumps
Katie Holmes Shines in Glittering Manolo Blahnik Heels at ‘The Irishman’ Premiere
Best of Footwear News
- Why We're So Obsessed With the British Royals' Fashion
- Every Outfit Serena Williams Has Worn to Win the US Open
- Sasha Obama Is Michigan-Bound: What We Can Expect of Her College Style