Wearing stilettos on grass is typically a no-no — think sinking heels and potential grass or dirt stains — but Melania Trump made it work.
The first lady returned to the White House on Sunday night following a weekend trip to President Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla., wearing her signature soaring stilettos. She chose a dark red pair of heels that appeared to be fabricated from croc-print leather.
More from Footwear News
- Melania Trump Wears Patriotic Colors & Her Favorite Stilettos at Mar-a-Lago Super Bowl Party
- Melania Trump Gives a Lesson in Neutral Dressing en Route to Mar-a-Lago
- Melania Trump Masters Shades of Bordeaux With Slouchy Boots on Florida Getaway
Trump teamed her sky-high heels with a navy coat and a dress with color-blocked stripes from Atelier Caito for Hervé Pierre’s pre-fall ’20 collection. The dress came in patriotic hues, with a white base and stripes in navy and red.
When it comes to shoes, FLOTUS can almost always be found in heels. Favorite brands for the former model include Christian Louboutin and Manolo Blahnik. She has also been spotted in pairs from Roger Vivier, Gianvito Rossi and Victoria Beckham.
While the first lady didn’t appear to be wearing any protective gear to prevent damage to her heels, there are actually a range of products available to keep heels clean and safe for walking outside or on uneven surfaces. By increasing the surface area at the base of a stiletto, heel stoppers can offer another benefit: They may make it easier to walk despite the towering height.
Melania Trump Gives a Lesson in Neutral Dressing en Route to Mar-a-Lago
Melania Trump Masters Shades of Bordeaux With Slouchy Boots on Florida Getaway
Melania Trump Wears ’90s-Inspired Leather Trench Coat With Soaring Heels to College Football Championship
Best of Footwear News
- How Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's Style Has Evolved Over the Years
- Céline Dion's Most Unforgettable Style Moments of 2019
- 7 Genius Royal Style Hacks You'll Wish You Had Known Sooner