Melania Trump wore one of her favorite shoe styles today as she and President Donald Trump greeted Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his wife, Emine Gulbaran, at the White House.
Melania sported a baby blue double-breasted wool-blend coat from Altuzzara (available for just under $2,300 at Nordstrom.com).
More from Footwear News
- Gigi Hadid Does the Western Boot Trend in the Chicest Way as Kacey Musgraves' Date at CMA Awards 2019
- Melania Trump Boards Air Force One in Combat Boots & Skinny Jeans
- The Collabs: Clarks Originals Teams Up With Retailer Bodega for Wallabee Collection + More News
For footwear, the first lady selected one of her two go-to pumps: Christian Louboutin’s So Kate. The shoe has a pointed toe, a 4.75-inch stiletto heel and a red lacquer sole. The heel is set near-vertical, meant to create a smooth stride for the wearer. Additionally, it features a low-cut topline, a feature designed to elongate the length of the leg.
While Melania owns the So Kate in a number of colorways and fabrications — including some trend-forward ones — today’s choice was glossy black patent leather; it’s available on Nordstrom.com for around $700.
Aside from the So Kate, Melania is a big fan of Manolo Blahnik’s BB, which similarly boasts a pointed toe and stiletto heel. She has also been known to wear Louboutin ballet flats on occasion, as well as more affordable shoes from brands such as Timberland and Adidas.
Presidents Trump and Erdogan both sported dark suits with navy overcoats and shiny black shoes. First lady Gulbaran wore a sleeveless double-breasted coat dress over a turtleneck top and wide-legged trousers.
Click through the gallery to see how Melania Trump’s style has evolved over the years.
Melania Trump Greets the Washington Nationals in a Coat That Pays Tribute to the Team’s Colors
Melania Trump Wears ’70s-Inspired Patchwork Coat & Her Favorite Pumps to Greet Trick-or-Treaters
Melania Trump Wears 4-Inch Stilettos to White House Tennis Pavilion Groundbreaking
Best of Footwear News
- Kendall Jenner Is One Step Ahead of the Latest Shoe Trends
- Kate Middleton & Meghan Markle's Favorite Boot Styles
- Karen Pence Wears LBD With Pointed-Toe Pumps to Promote Her Christmas Book