The queen is the head of the family, alongside her husband, Prince Philip. Prince Harry is one of their eight grandchildren, which means his child will be their eighth great-grandchild.
Want daily pop culture news delivered to your inbox? Sign up here for Yahoo’s newsletter.
Their eldest two great-grandchildren are Savannah, 8, and Isla Phillips, 6, Peter Phillips’s children with wife Autumn. Prince George, 5, comes next, followed by Zara and Mike Tindall’s firstborn, Mia Tindall, who’s also 5.
Princess Charlotte, 3, is the fifth-youngest, followed by younger brother Prince Louis, who turns 1 next month. The Tindalls’ second child, Lena, is the current youngest of the group, having been born in June 2018.
Prince Charles will be the royal baby’s paternal grandfather, while his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, will be step-grandmother.
The duchess’s mother Doria Ragland, who lives in California, will be the baby’s maternal grandmother.
Thomas Markle, who lives in Mexico, will be the child’s maternal grandfather. However, Meghan reportedly hasn’t had much contact with her father since the royal wedding, after he was accused of staging paparazzi photographs for money.
So where will the baby fall in the line of succession? He or she will be seventh in line to the throne, behind father Prince Harry in sixth. The baby will bump Prince Andrew down to eighth place.
The current line of succession
1. Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, born Nov. 14, 1948
2. Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, born Jan. 9, 1982
3. Prince George of Cambridge, born July 22, 2013
4. Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, born May 2, 2015
5. Prince Louis of Cambridge, born April 23, 2018
6. Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, born Sept. 15, 1984
7. Prince Andrew, Duke of York, born Feb. 19, 1960
8. Princess Beatrice of York, born Aug. 8, 1988
9. Princess Eugenie of York, born March 23, 1990
10. Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, born March 10, 1964
11. Viscount Severn, born Dec. 17, 2007
12. The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor, born Nov. 8, 2003
13. Princess Anne, Princess Royal, born Aug. 15, 1950
14. Peter Phillips, born Nov. 15, 1977
15. Savannah Phillips, born Dec. 29, 2010
16. Isla Phillips, born March 29, 2012
17. Zara Tindall, born May 15, 1981
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- Meghan Markle’s mom, Doria Ragland, spied shopping at Target
- Kate Middleton and Queen Elizabeth II melt hearts by sharing a blanket on their joint royal outing: ‘Cutest thing ever’
- ‘She’s … the queen’: Queen Elizabeth is being rich-shamed — and her fans aren’t having it