Weekends should be for lounging around the house, relaxing, catching up on your favorite shows and allowing yourself the time to indulge in a little self-care to prep for the week ahead. Apparently singer and superstar Madonna caught on to that wave with her must-see makeup-free selfie.
On Sunday, Madonna posted a bare-faced selfie on Instagram, where she compared herself to Game of Thrones’ exiled princess Daenerys Targaryen. She wore a black lace sleeveless top and her hair in low pigtail braids. Apparently even this “Mother of Dragons” can’t get out of her pajamas! Which leads to a lazy Sunday.
The singer mostly goes glam on Instagram, so seeing her this way was — well, a bit shocking.
Here’s a selection of the comments left:
- “You are becoming so ‘normal’ it is frightening. Must admit I had a pyjama day – it is essential for sanity sometimes.”
- “Thank you for shining so brightly for the world to see”
- “When an amazing woman who has ticked most of lives boxes with a tick can post a non filtered, non glamour picture in which she shows beauty from live and happiness which can’t be rivalled.”
- “We all need ‘lazy Sundays!’ It’s so good for the body, mind, and soul!!!”
- “I do it all the time when im not shooting. Love the pj’s!!! ps. Love you au natural with braids. Heidi.”
But that’s not all. Just last week, Madonna reposted a clip from Pepsi’s controversial and since-pulled commercial starring Kendall Jenner, noting in her caption, “When you wake up and realize s**t just really doesn’t make sense! #chosen Side Note: My Pepsi commercial was pulled 30 years ago because I was kissing a black saint! #ironic” She followed with a fierce post of her holding a Coca-Cola. Bottoms up!
It’s interesting to see Madonna embracing her lazy Sunday, makeup-free weekends and using social media as platform to express her feelings on controversial topics. And she makes a statement, with or without makeup.
Read more from Yahoo Style + Beauty:
- Madonna Announced She’ll Be at the Women’s March With a Shocking Photo
- Madonna Raised $7.5 Million for Charity, Yet Everyone Needs to Talk About Her Butt Implants
- Savannah Guthrie Shares Makeup-Free Selfie