Burrito, rice, beans, chicken, metal nail, guac isn’t a typical order — and not just because the guacamole costs extra.
A man from Malden, Mass., claims that his teeth were damaged after he bit into a burrito he got at a Saugus Chipotle and nibbled a metal nail.
According to Wicked Local Saugus, Nicolas Ramos ordered his go-to chicken burrito on Dec. 27. “It’s always the same order — well, it was until Thursday,” Ramos told the outlet. A few bites into his burrito, he says, he bit a half-inch-long metal nail, which may turn him off Chipotle chicken burritos for some time.
“I was honestly shocked,” Ramos said. “I didn’t know what to think. It was definitely painful.”
“Now there’s a hairline crack up my front tooth and a chip out of my bottom tooth,” he told the outlet. “It hurts whenever I eat or try to bite something.”
Ramos informed the cashier of the incident, and she immediately refunded the cost of his burrito. “The cashier, she was speechless. She did also apologize,” Ramos said. He also took photos of the nail and reported his experience on the company’s website.
Laurie Schalow, Chipotle’s chief communications officer, told Wicked Local Saugus that a full investigation will be conducted once it receives more information from Ramos.
Although a representative left Ramos a voicemail while he was at work on Friday, two of his returned calls went unanswered until he spoke to someone on Monday morning.
“They said I could file a claim and that I could get a call soon about maybe some dental work,” Ramos said.
“Nothing is more important to us than the health and safety of our guests and we take all claims very seriously. We immediately issued a refund following the incident and have spoken with the guest to set up a claim,” a statement from Chipotle headquarters provided to Yahoo Lifestyle read.
Regardless, Ramos says he thinks it may be time to find another burrito place.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle: