Earlier this month, Nike and the gaming company NBA 2K announced their first-of-its-kind partnership that allowed fans to earn the ability to purchase exclusive sneakers by completing challenges that appeared on the NBA 2K20 game. The first challenge kicked off the program yesterday, allowing select fans to acquire the Nike LeBron 17 in the new “Bron 2K” colorway. As expected, the limited-edition makeup quickly sold out, but here’s how you can still get a pair.
This iteration of LeBron James’ 17th signature basketball sneaker comes with a purple colorway and heat-molded Knitposite upper. The midsole features the largest-volume Max Air cushioning ever used on LeBron’s sneaker, including two Zoom Air units at the forefoot. “2K” branding is seen on the tongue as well as the insole.
More from Footwear News
- Nike Sells Surf Brand Hurley to Bluestar Alliance
- Nike's 2019 Black Friday Sale Means Big Savings -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Streetwear Brand Rokit Releases 'Friends and Family' Nike Kyrie 5 Sneakers
Pairs are reselling for around $600 on StockX, with an asking price upwards of $2,000 for a men’s size 11.5. According to the brand, fans can expect additional “2K” styles as the 2019-20 NBA season moves forward.
Streetwear Brand Rokit Releases ‘Friends and Family’ Nike Kyrie 5 Sneakers
Official Images for Kyrie Irving’s Next Nike Signature Basketball Sneaker Have Surfaced
Nike and NBA 2K20 Will Have Gamers Wearing Sneakers From the Video Game
Best of Footwear News
- These Are the Most Popular Nikes of All Time, According to Sneaker Experts
- NBA Star Stephen Curry’s History of Under Armour Basketball Shoes on the Court
- 17 Best Basketball Sneakers of All-Time